Big Question

Some say that if you tell a lie long enough and often enough its becomes the truth, so...
are lies the truth?

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

My opinion isn't (a) right

On the topic of Fridays Socratic seminar, I didn't take any notes. There is a purpose though so don't get it confused with complacency. I  choose not to write notes because being absolutely warped up in the conversation was my purpose. Just as when one is reading, stopping the story and taking yourself out is not beneficial, at least in my case,. I wanted to really experience what people had to say and I wanted them to experience me.

In my opinion, no Socratic seminar is fun unless we have a little controversy. That is exactly what we got, and it was magical the tension, the debates, the muddled arguments, the nervous habits that ensued. It was very interesting to watch.

Being centered around such a personal and philosophical question that conversation a naturally was unsolved. rarely does a group of intellectuals such as ourselves come to a consensus on any philosophical questions. And how could we, when 30 people think for themselves, then you have 30 different opinions and 30 different perspectives to analyze. That is what I believe the article was about..... opinions and how people formulate them and hold them.... and eventually defend them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment